Dwarflake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-scenery

3 posters

Go down

Multi-scenery Empty Multi-scenery

Post by Mirana Hawklight Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:34 am

First OOC post and topic, woop woop!

Just wanting to ask a bit to clarify then, when being in multiple scenes at once in the "downtime" arena, are we expected to behave as information in Scene 1 can be utilised in Scene 2? Or are we just winging it? Smile
Mirana Hawklight
Mirana Hawklight
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Multi-scenery Empty Re: Multi-scenery

Post by Tim Hallow Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:18 pm

"...with permission, players may post in more than one location at a time."
"Out of universe, DnD is a party game and I will be enforcing as far as possible that all knowledge is public "
"To take an example: Bob the PC is chatting with some friends in the Hunted Hart tavern when his player discovers that an interesting conversation is going on down near the docks. After getting permission from me via a request in his personal forum, Bob can essentially be in two plaes at once and take part in two conversations."

I think this means "as long as you ask first, it's fine", but it might be wrong.
Tim Hallow
Tim Hallow
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirana Hawklight Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:17 pm

Yes, as far as that goes I have a similar understanding. The question in the matter was more around if what Bob talks to Jennifer in Scene 1 about where the cattle is, can he relay this to Jonas in Scene 2 who is asking him about it? Razz
Mirana Hawklight
Mirana Hawklight
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Hallow Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:39 pm

As long as you ask first? If all knowledge is public and Bob is in two places at once, he should be able to do so, due to the ambiguity of time in the "down-time-space-time continuum".

...I think...
Tim Hallow
Tim Hallow
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by DM Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:55 pm

Tim's on the money here. This is the reason for needing multi location permission, if there are specific issues relating to information sharing I'll flag them when I give permission. In universe, it's assumed that the relevant parts of the conversation automagically took place in the correct order. Perhaps you excused yourself from one conversation to check on your cooking and on the way back had the other one. There is no assumption that a thread refers to a particular time unless I specify it does.
DM
DM
Admin

https://dwarflake.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by DM Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:00 pm

Incidentally, to save time, everyone can post in both current dwarflake threads and the others as I get them online.
DM
DM
Admin

https://dwarflake.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum